Thank you for visiting NauticStarBoats.com, which is owned and operated by NauticStar, LLC (“NauticStar”). Protecting the privacy of visitors to our site is very important to us, and we have undertaken the necessary steps to protect personal information.
We are committed to collecting, maintaining, and securing personal information about you in accordance with this policy, as well as applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Types of Information Collected and Used
NauticStar may collect and use three types of information from you online:
- “Personal Information” means information about an identified or identifiable person, including a person’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other identifying information.
- “Automatically Collected Data” includes information collected automatically through your use of our website and/or other electronic communications with NauticStar, including IP addresses, originating domain names, and data regarding the date, time, and length of use of a website.
- “Aggregate Data” means aggregated statistical information about Automatically Collected Data (e.g. number of website users within a particular geographic area or time period, average time spent on this website, etc.), which does not include any personal identifiers.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
How we collect personal information
We may collect Personal Information about you through certain forms available on this website in connection with (a) comments that you submit, (b) your requests for product samples or quotes, (c) your requests for information on careers with NauticStar or how to become a NauticStar distributor, (d) your purchase of NauticStar products (e.g. apparel), and (e) and any other forms that may appear or transactions that may occur through this website in connection with legally authorized marketing, operational, and financial activities of NauticStar. We also may collect Personal Information through social media platforms that you connect to or interact with through our website or our social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
How we use personal information
We may use Personal Information collected through this site:
- To better understand your needs and to respond to your requests for information;
- To help us improve our products and services, as well as this website;
- To communicate with you and to fulfill transactions with you (e.g. product purchases) and other legitimate business purposes (e.g. interactions with current or potential distributors);
- To interact with you through this website, through email, or through social media; and
- To provide you with information or updates about our products, promotions, or this website, as well as other information that you might find useful or interesting;
Disclosure of personal information
We may share Personal Information:
- With our business partners and affiliates for legitimate business purposes;
- With our sales representatives and distributors who market or sell NauticStar products;
- With third parties (e.g. technicians, credit card processors) who perform services on our behalf;
- In connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of our business;
- In response to a subpoena or other legal process, or lawful requests of government agencies or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; and
- When needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
Your Choice Regarding Personal Information
NauticStar only collects your Personal Information if you choose to give it to us. We will not sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any unaffiliated businesses for direct marketing or other commercial purposes unless we provide clear notice to you and obtain your consent for your Personal Information to be shared in this manner. You also have the choice of opting out of receiving emails from us by following the instructions in such emails to remove yourself from distribution lists. You also may request access, correction, or deletion of your Personal Information in our records by sending an email or letter with your name and contact information to NauticStar at the contact information provided below. NauticStar will use reasonable efforts to respond in a timely manner to such requests that we receive.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to secure Personal Information, and we will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, NauticStar makes no guarantee and disclaims all liability and damages caused by such occurrences. Information transmitted via the Internet or e-mail is not 100% secure. Therefore, you should use caution when submitting Personal Information. You are responsible to take necessary precautions to protect Personal Information you submit, such as using a secure browser and connection and using up-to-date anti-virus software.
Our online store available on this website also may be used to collect Personal Information to process and complete transactions with you. For terms and conditions governing your access to and use of our online store as well as the collection and processing of credit card and other payment information, please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Use, which are incorporated by reference.
We do not knowingly collect through this website sensitive information that reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or a person’s criminal background, health, or sex life. We ask that you withhold such information from us entirely.
Data Processed and Stored in the US
This website and the servers that are used to host and operate this website may be located in the United States. If you are outside the U.S., you acknowledge and agree that your information may be sent to and processed in the U.S. You also understand that the U.S. may not provide you with the same level of privacy rights or protections as the laws of your country.
Collection and Use of Automatically Collected Data and Aggregate Data
What automatic and aggregate data is collected
This website utilizes Google Analytics and other Google properties, which gathers Automatically Collected Data and generates Aggregate Data whenever you interact with this site. Such information might include:
- how often you visit our site;
- how long you were on our site;
- the location from which you accessed the site;
- what pages you visited, what search terms you used; and
- the website that you were on just before visiting our site.
- Google Analytics collects the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, but does not collect your name, email address, or other Personal Information. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. IP addresses allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. Google Analytics may use your IP address to track the pages that you visit, your general location, and other information listed above. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with Personal Information.
How automatic and aggregate data is collected
Google Analytics uses tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons to gather information about your use of and interaction with this website. A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored automatically on your computer when you access certain websites. Google Analytics uses both session ID cookies (which expire after you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain on your computer after accessing a website). A “web beacon,” also known as an “action tag” or “clear GIF technology,” is an object embedded on a web page to check whether a user has accessed certain content.
How we use automatic and aggregate data
We may use Automatically Collected Data and Aggregate Data:
- to measure and analyze how visitors access and interact with our website;
- to improve the content, efficiency, and usability of our website.
- to analyze and to improve upon our own marketing efforts.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from such children. If you are a parent or guardian who believes we have Personal Information about your child, please contact us using the contact information below. NauticStar takes protection of children very seriously and strives to comply with all relevant laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and all FTC rules and regulations under COPPA. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC’s website.
California Residences’ Privacy Rights
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, or deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80I).||A name, signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history (for the purposes of career opportunities functionality), credit card number, debit card number, medical information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older) and sex (including gender).|
|D. Commercial information.||Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|E. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|F. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.|
|G. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations (for purposes the purposes of our career opportunities functionality).|
|H. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website, correlation to your social media presence, etc.
Use of Information We Collect
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment, facilitate delivery, connect you with an appropriate dealer, distributor or third-party fulfillment provider, and notify component manufacturers of purchasers for component warranties, support or service, etc. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users/consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators.
- Dealers, Distributors, and Third-Party Fulfillment Providers.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category E: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category F: Geolocation data.
Category H: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Dealers, Distributors, and Third-Party Fulfillment Providers.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see, Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list identifying disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see, Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (423)884-7708.
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
The CCPA provides consumers with the right to Opt-Out or Opt-In from sales of your personal data. However, we do not sell your personal data, so it is not necessary to Opt-Out of the sale of your personal data.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we reserve the right to offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program will require your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which NauticStar collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Attn: eBusiness Director
100 Cherokee Cove Dr
Vonore, Tennessee 37885
E-mail an Acquaintance
This site may contain pages on which you can choose to send a link or a message to an acquaintance referring them to this site. E-mail addresses you provide for an acquaintance will be used to send your friend information on your behalf and will not be collected or used by NauticStar or other third parties for any other purpose
Links to Other Sites
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), we do not share Personal Information of our customers or those who submit it through this website with any unaffiliated company for direct marketing use unless such customers or website users elect that we do so.
You may send any questions or concerns regarding these Terms and Conditions, or any comments or other inquiries regarding this website, to the following:
Attn: Website Inquiry
PO Box 26
Amory, Mississippi 38821
The effective date of these Terms and Conditions is January 1, 2017.